Thursday, May 7, 2009

What I've Been Up To

Sorry it has been three forevers since I have posted anything. My life has not been too exciting though! LOL.

Recently, I have been seeing people painting names and initials on canvas. I love anything monogrammed, so I thought I would give it a try. Well, let me tell you that I am not articstic. At all. So my attempts pretty much sucked. But maybe I will get better with practice ...


Basically, I just went cheap since I am really no good. I just got a 3-pack of 9X12 canvases at Walmart, and I already had some acrylic paints and paintbrushes. I traced around a letter after painting the canvas black. Then I started to paint the initial red. I don't really know how to make it better, but maybe I'll figure it out if I keep trying.

Also, there recently was a city-wide yard sale where I live. The weather has been gross and it has rained for weeks. I think I have seen 10 minutes of sun in the past two weeks! So anyway, the yard sales weren't as great as I had hoped. However, I did score a few cute things.

I found this cute pumpkin for $1. I really like fall so I will just put it away until time to decorate with oranges and browns and pumpkins :)


I also got a set of five silver weave-looking napkin rings. It was $1 for the set. Too bad there weren't six, but oh well!


I also got this leaf candle holder. It has some rust, but some spraypaint will fix it right up. I think it might've been a quarter.


I picked up this sunflower candle plate. It is gold, which is not my favorite. I don't think I have anything gold in my apartment. But again, I plan to spraypaint it.


In addition, I got some books for 50 cents apiece. I got some romance novels and I also got "Fried Greeen Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe". I read it in high schoool and really liked it, so I thought I would read it again. Plus I love the movie.

I also picked up two sets of six placemats. One is reversible and is solid orange on one side and red on the other. The other set is a sage green color and has red, blue and yellow thread stiched through in straight lines. Sorry there are no pictures of those, but they were in the laundry! Haha. They were $2 for each set. I love a good bargain, and I'm happy with all the things I found even though I didn't hit the jackpot like I had hoped.

1 comment:

  1. You found some great deals Paula!
    Love the candle holder. :)

    ReplyDelete