Another thing I have learned is that as a homeowner, there is always something you want to do or change. So I want to share some photos. The befores were taken before we began work. The afters are really more like "in-betweens". We have some furniture moved in. That's about it. No artwork or decorations yet! I will keep you all posted. I just wanted to show what I've been up to lately.
This is the living room before:


We both really love the red (Valspar Fabulous Red). It is too bold for some, but it is just what we wanted!
This is the master bedroom before:

Awful border! Every wall in the whole house was tan, which just wouldn't do! I like tan just fine, but I needed some color in my life!
Here is the master so far:

It is Olympic Guacamole. I'm just thrilled it covered as well as did because the walls didn't look so great at the top when the border came down. So far we are both really pleased!
My bloggy friend Melissa from Melissa's Heart and Home suggested I link up to Susan's Met Monday party at Between Naps on the Porch. The metamorphasis is incomplete, but I hope you don't mind if I play along!
Thanks for stopping by!
Woohoo! I love the colors! So bright and full of life! Way to be bold. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks great so far! I love the green color.
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful... can't wait to see the finished product! :) Enjoy the new house, what an exciting time for you!
ReplyDelete~Amy
What fun you are having and how exciting! The green is my favorite. Let us see your progress. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteOoooo yuck that border......Love the room color !
ReplyDeleteHugs ~ Kammy
WOW! Loving what you're doing! I cant wait to start painting walls!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by my place!
Linds @ THAT'S SO CUEGLY!
love the green and red two of my favorite colors can't wait to see what else you do!
ReplyDeleteLove the new colors! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteYou are making a lot of progress. The colors are very cool. Isn't it fun to be fixing up your first place?
ReplyDeleteHappy Met Monday!!
xoxo
Jane
Oh my goodness! Paula I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner.
ReplyDeleteHow gorgeous it all is!
You know I adore red and it looks fabulous my friend. The green is beautiful too. Isn't paint and color just great! It just changes an entire room in an instant. Love your furniture too.
You did a wonderful job on everything!
Have a blessed weekend. ~Melissa :)
Congrats! You won my Giveaway! Swell Thrifting Find!
ReplyDeletePlease email me your address so i can get it out to you!
meghan@mrsshopswell.com
Hi Paula,
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome site you found!!!!
Thank you for telling me about it.
I'll be reading it in detail for sure.
Have a blessed weekend my friend.
~Melissa :)
Congrats on winning the purse at Joanne's blog!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Paula, Your rooms are looking great. Looking forward to more.. Thank you for your entry on the blog give away. I wish you tons of luck in winning.. I hope all is well with you on this beautiful day.
ReplyDeletehugs ~lynne~
Hey Paula, just wanted to see if you had mailed my swap package? I didn't get anything yet and since the deadline was March 7th I was just curious? I hate to even message you on it, since it was to be for fun, but thought it was only fair since I sent you something :) Thanks !! J
ReplyDelete