Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine's Day

I thought since it is getting so close to the holiday of love, I would share a couple of my Valentine's Day decorations.

This plate is similar to something I have seen on many of your blogs.  I searched and searched for the Dress Me Up plate from Southern Living at Home.  From what I can tell, it is discontinued.  There are some on e-Bay, but they were going for about $30 plus about $10 shipping.  I'm on a budget, and that was a little too steep for me.  Still, I REALLY wanted one! 

After a little online research, I found that Michael's carries a similar plate made by Plaid Remarkables.  It comes with the plastic stand.  You can only imagine how excited I was.


In the future, I will get some thicker ribbon and maybe a cuter stand.  

Do any of you out there have a similar plate?  Do you mind sharing where you found it? 

By the way, Michael's had a square platter, and a set of two smaller round plates.  I believe each of the three sold for about $13, just in case anyone is  interested.  I always love to hear where the pretty things in people's blogs came from and how much they spent.  If you don't, just ignore me ;) 

This is my Valentine's Day dish towel.  Isn't it cute?  It was $2 at Wal-Mart. I couldn't resist. Plus, I love red things for my kitchen :)


I used to really hate Valentine's Day because I was always single and it just made me even more bummed about it. But now I really enjoy celebrating it!  I hope all of you have as much fun with it as I am! 

7 comments:

  1. Now your place is feeling the love of Valentine's Day! So much fun to add little touches to your place for the holidays and seasons.

    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty!
    I believe Valerie Parr Hill on QVC makes one similiar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one similar call a Prissy Plate love all of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet comments today about the heart paperweight! It is really easy to do...I got the heart at Target's Dollar Spot, they had them in clear and pink. I traced the heart on scrapbook paper, cut it out and modge podged it to the back. Simple but cute!

    Have a great night!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula, Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Have a wonderful Valentines Day.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Paula, welcome to blog-land. I love your plate, I used to have a pretty little vase like your plate and I too wove ribbon through it, my sister came for a visit and knocked it off the counter (oh my, I was so upset) but she felt so bad poor thing. I will keep a look out for you. Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paula,
    Welcome to blogging, I love your valenting plate, how cute! Cindy

    ReplyDelete