Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crazy Weather, March Madness, etc.

Today I just need to take a minute to vent about the weather here in good old Kentucky.  On Tuesday, when I went to meet with my surgeon at 4:00 it was 80 degrees on the bank sign.  The very next morning, I had to drive to work in about 35 degrees and sleet! Is that not nuts?  And today there was a nice mixture of rain, sleet and snow.  I really wish this weather would make up its mind.  If I got the choice, I wish it would settle on the 80s and not the 30s! LOL :) 

OK, enough about that.  I am happy to report that my Kentucky Wildcats pulled it together and beat Ole Miss today.  I was really worried.  They have been less than consistent this year for sure! But I wore my UK sweatshirt to work, so I like to think that helped! OK, I know it really didn't. But it made me feel better!  Do you guys watch the conference tournament and NCAA tournament games?  My family might disown me if I didn't.  

Also, I am really struggling with daylight savings time.  I have been exhausted all week.  It seems like I feel worse every year.  I have tried to go to bed earlier, but then I just lay there awake.  Stupid internal clock! LOL.  Is anyone else who had to "spring forward" having a tough time?

Well, I guess that is enough venting and silliness for one day. I hope everyone has a fantastic day and a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

  1. HI Paula! Oh, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this time change. I don't know why they can't just leave us alone! Oh, well, we will get over this, won't we? :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    BE a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,
    I hope all is well with you. I'm not sure if I read what your upcoming surgery is about but I am praying for you.

    Oh and I definitly agree. I am a night owl anyway so the time change always hits me hard.

    Have a wonderful week.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula...

    YOU WON!! Congratulations!!

    Come by and check out this post...

    http://jt-jantom.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-make-over-winner2-immediate-blog.html

    You'll see what I need from you next.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete