I hope everyone is having a great week. I've been looking at all the beautiful tablescapes from Tablescape Thursday that Susan at Between Naps on the Porch puts on each week. I am a little jealous! My kitchen table just really never looks that good. First of all, it tends to be a catch-all for mail, keys, change, etc. I also don't have the beautiful dishes and serving pieces some of you have. But I am getting some fabulous ideas for the future when I hopefully will have the things of which I dream.
For now, I will show you my ongoing project. Well, I say it is ongoing because I started it last summer. In reality, I probably haven't touched it since August. Here it is!
This little beauty was $3! I found it at a lovely yard sale. It had like 19 coats of paint and varnish on it, or at least it seemed like it :). So I stripped it all off. It took three different rounds with the stripper stuff. Then I sanded everything. I still need to do some sanding in the grooves, but I am nearly ready to paint.
As soon as it is warmer here, I plan to finish it up! I am thinking of painting it black and putting an accent color in the grooves. Do you all think that will look weird? I'm also thinking of stamping or stenciling some design (maybe fleur de lis) on the top of it in the same accent color. I hope it will turn out pretty!
What a great find! I think painting it black would be wonderful, but I would forego the stamping and stenciling. Ever thought about doing a red undercoating, then sand back the black a little bit?
ReplyDeleteScribbler
It is going to look great when you're done! I really like it!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I tagged you if you want to play along, stop by!
ReplyDelete