Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Recession Fashion

Today, Kelly at Kelly's Korner has such a good post!  She is sharing her ideas for shopping for cute clothes for under $30 while in a recession.  Lots of people are on a budget these days and this is a very good topic!  I, myself, have always been a bargain shopper.  When I was 13, I had to get a job cleaning my dad's office and pay for all my own clothes and anything I didn't "need".  At that time I realized I would rather get more for my money.  So I have always shopped on sale, after the season, with coupons, etc.  
I want to show you guys a few things I have recently picked up for spring and summer.




This dress is from JC Penney.  It was actually $40 but there were some cheaper ones.  Also, each time you make a purchase (at least at my Penney's), on the receipt is a code to go online and fill out a survey for 15% off your next purchase.  Now I'm looking for a cardigan of some type to go over it for work.



This dress was $14.99 at TJ Maxx!  I really like it.  What do you guys think?  I'm kind of nervous about wearing it because it's kind of loud.  But I like bright colors.  I'm thinking it could be a cute casual sundress with flip flops and I could dress it up with a white sweater and heels for work or church or something.  

I have never worn a lot of dresses, much to my boyfriend's dismay.  I have always had such trouble finding ones that fit and flattered my very imperfect body.  This year I have had some better luck though! :)  I have even bought two plain black cotton dresses.  One was short-sleeved from Target for $20 and the other was a spaghetti strap from Old Navy for $15 I think. I'm kind of excited about getting to be more girly this summer!

I also bought this top at TJ Maxx for $10. It is from American Eagle.  I plan to wear it with my white capri pants or my denim mini.  I think the embroidery on the neckline and the sleeves really make it look special!  

Another of my favorite stores, especially for my work clothes is NY & CO.  They have supercute stuff and they always have a deal like $30 off your purchase of $75 or more.  You can get a lot for $75 and only pay $40!  Just sign up for the e-mails on their Web site and they will send you all those coupons.  That goes for a lot of stores and is a great way to save money!

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my closet :)  Have a fantastic night everyone!


1 comment: